Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy New Year!

Aruba was amazing! My husband and I spent 8 days there and went to the pool and white sands beach. Rest and relaxation! Now it's time to get back to the real world. We have a winter weather advisory and more snow this morning on the ground.

Time now to prepare the final syllabi for classes and be ready to go on Tuesday, Jan. 13 to start a new semester. It's always exciting to meet the students I haven't had yet and to catch up with those that I've had in previous semesters.

Do you make New Year's resolutions? I'm working on a few "life changes" this year - one is always the diet - but rather than dieting, my husband and I are trying to change the foods we eat.

Dissertation work is coming but always a challenge. I want to be prepared for the new semester and spend time every day writing some for the dissertation - my goal is to be done by June. I'll keep you posted!

Hope you had a wonderful start to the new year! New beginnings and new adventures await us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Kirsten. I will be attending Olivet in fall 2009. I am so excited. I plan on majoring in Elementary Education, and hopefully I will have the pleasure of meeting you!