Friday, September 26, 2008

Butterflies and Exams

Do you get butterflies when you think of taking exams? I still do. It's been a month since I wrote here, but much has happened. Classes at Olivet started, I wrote the last course for the Library master's program, and I just completed my comprehensive exams for my doctoral degree.

Even though I've taken tests for years, each test is different and I find they do create a little anxiety - not paralyzing - just enough to keep me focused. This last exam was different than any I've taken. In seven days, I had to write 8-10 pages for each of the five questions I received.

Now the waiting begins. Do you find it challenging to wait? It will be 2 to 4 weeks before I find out if I passed my exam. The good news is that all I have left to do is to write my dissertation. I love writing and research.

Have you had your first exams this year? Are they all traditional or are some unique? Preparation and prayer help the butterflies of exams!

1 comment:

Roxanne Forgrave said...

Hi! Just to let you know - I passed the exam! Now on to the dissertation. What an adventure!