Sunday, August 17, 2008

Summer's End! New Beginning!

This past summer has been a busy one - I took five doctoral classes at Argosy University in Schaumburg but my husband and I just returned Friday, August 15, from Maui, Hawaii. It was very relaxing, but as we returned we said we are returning to the "real world!" Friday I completed one paper, wrote another, and created a powerpoint presentation which was due on Saturday in my last class.


Tomorrow I'll spend in my office at Olivet preparing the final syllabi for my courses this fall. As I begin my second year in the department, I feel a little like a child, excited for the first day of school. We begin meetings on Wednesday, but it will be great to see all of my colleagues and hear a little about their summer experiences. This week the campus will still be rather quiet, but this weekend the students will return - such a difference - the whole campus comes alive!

No comments: